“Another winning recipe. Delicious sauce and tender chicken which the family loved. Simple to prepare and great that only one dish was needed!”
The quantities given are for 1 serving.
- 1 large chicken breasts (bone in, skin on)
- ¹⁄₂ tbsp butter
- ¹⁄₂ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¹⁄₄ medium shallot (finely sliced)
- ¹⁄₄ tsp fresh thyme leaves (chopped)
- ¹⁄₄ tbsp garlic (minced)
- 60 g button mushrooms (quartered)
- ¹⁄₄ cup white wine
- ¹⁄₄ cup chicken broth (or stock)
- 0 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 0 cup cream
- ¹⁄₄ handful fresh parsley (roughly chopped)
- ¹⁄₄ pinch salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat half the olive oil in a large pan and add the chicken breasts, turning them every couple minutes, until golden brown on each side, then set them aside.
- Add the onion and thyme and saute until the onions are softened.
- Add the garlic and stir it around for a minute, then add the mushrooms and cook them for 5 minutes, until they are soft.
- Pour in the wine and reduce it by half, then add the stock and the chilli flakes and reduce the whole sauce by half again.
- Now, add the cream, bring it to the boil and add the chicken pieces back in and pop the pan in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven, season it to taste with salt and pepper and mix through the chopped parsley before