Serves two and takes 25 minutes to prepare.
- 150 g spinach (chopped)
- 60 g paneer (cut into 1.5cm cubes)
- ¹⁄₂ tsp tumeric
- ¹⁄₄ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¹⁄₄ tsp salt
- 2¹⁄₂ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¹⁄₂ medium onion (finely chopped)
- ¹⁄₂ tbsp ginger (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ¹⁄₂ whole green chilli (finely chopped)
- ¹⁄₄ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¹⁄₂ tsp ground cumin
- ¹⁄₄ cup plain yoghurt
- ¹⁄₂ pinch salt and pepper
- In a large pan, get the olive oil up to a medium heat and add the onions, ginger, garlic and chilli and saute for 10 minutes until well caramelised.
- Now, add the garam masala, coriander and cumin and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Then, add the spinach and stir well, tossing to coat the leaves in the spices
- Once mixed, add half a cup of water and cook uncovered until the water has completely reduced.
- Remove the mix from the heat and stir in the yogurt, 1 tbsp at a time.
- Finally, add in the paneer, season to taste with salt and pepper and mix gently on a low heat until serving. If it gets too hot, the yoghurt will split so be careful.
Real Meal Revolution