I’ve baked many different low carb breads but this one is the quickest and easiest to make.
Almond and poppy seed bread
It has 5.3 grams carbohydrate per slice.
It keeps well in the fridge. Or separate the slices with baking paper and freeze them in a plastic bag or container.
These breads all taste much better toasted than they do raw.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- You must buy whole golden flax seeds and grind them yourself otherwise the recipe will not work.
- Grease a small loaf tin and also line it with baking paper as this bread sticks to the pan.
- Whisk together the eggs and the water in a bowl until well combined.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in another bowl and stir to combine.
- Fold the eggs into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the greased loaf tin and bake in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve.
- This loaf will last for a few days in the fridge.
Toasted cheese and tomatoes are epic! Poppy seeds usually go pretty well with a squeeze of lemon, so I reckon go toasted with lashings of butter and avo!